Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Changes

So finally, something is happening "down there"! I didn't want to post about my cervical dilation on facebook so I am putting on my blog! By now, I'm sure you all are okay with too much information :) I am dilated to 1 cm (after having a tightly closed cervix for the past four weeks) and I'm effaced around 30%! Yea. I prayed this morning for some encouragment that something would be changing and it was. I do think I'm having contractions......I feel like this is confirmed by the fact that I'm dilated a little. The contractions aren't very regular or too painful but sometimes they do stop me in my tracks. I lost a pound this past week but I think it was a scale error because the last week it said I had gained 4 pounds is 1 week. I've been eating junk food some but not that MUCH! I truly think I have gained about 23 pounds so far give or take a pound. My blood pressure is still really good. My back pain hasn't been quite as bad over the past 48 hours. Olivia hasn't been quite as active and when I told Dr. R. that, she said "I bet you are getting ready to go into labor." I don't know if baby's being less active is a sign of impending labor or not. I can't remember how much Carter was moving at this point. She is still kicking and squirming but she's probably running out of room and is not moving near as much as she was. But all is well, her heartbeat is still nice and strong. So, time will tell.

I asked Dr. R. about the castor oil and she didn't seem too excited about that option. She said if it got past my due date, we would discuss other options for helping me go into labor (besides pitocin!). Either way, since my mom is coming on the 5th and leaving the 13th, if I haven't gone into labor by the 10th, I will most likely be induced. I think Dr. R was okay with that plan b/c she understands I don't have any family here and it would be so much easier if I could have Olivia while mom was here. So again, either way, if I haven't gone into labor on my own, she will be here in TWO WEEKS! I started feeling a littel nervous about that today! But I'm really just excited and ready to meet her :)

1 comment: