Tuesday, September 1, 2009

39 Weeks


Wow, it is exciting and scary to see the baby countdown say I only have 6 days left. SIX DAYS! Oh my goodness! I'm ready though. I made it through Carter's party and Theo's last 3-11 shift for a while. I'll be really really ready though when my mom steps off the airplane Saturday! I'm prayijng for no flight delays! I have been having more and stronger contractions but nothing that is regular. Last Wednesday night though I thought I might be in labor. I think I was just paranoid and anxious because Theo was working the late shift. I am really excited about my doctor's appointment tomorrow because I am certain things are happening down there! I go back and forth thinking I'll have her before her due date and then other times I think I'll end up having to be induced. But either way, in a week or so, she'll be here. That is so exciting! I can't believe we are starting over again. I bought a package of disposable diapers just to get us through the first few days so I don't have to worry about washing the cloth ones every day. It felt so strange to be buying diapers again! Carter asked if they were for him. Thankfully, NO! Anyway, not much else to report.

I bought some nursing bras yesterday and my mom sent me one. I need some nursing tank tops but the ones I looked at this weekend at Motherhood were a little more than what I wanted to pay. I will probably just order some online. I guess I need to drag the breastpump out and dust it off. I hope it still works. I don't plan on pumping for a while but I should at least see if it still works. It was a hand-me-down from my sis-in-law who also got it from another family member so it's quite old by now! Oh well, as long as it works, I don't care. I'm hoping that by the time Theo's parents come for Thanksgiving, she will be sleeping through the night (Olivia, not Theo's mom!) and maybe, just maybe, we can have a night away. That would be so great. Our alone time is virtually nonexsistent these days. I can't even sit in the bed with Theo in the mornings without Carter crying telling me not to "spend with daddy" (aka spend time with daddy) and to "come downstairs". He is so jealous of the time I try and spend with Theo. I told Carter this morning that he is in for quite a rude awakening when Olivia gets here. If he's jealous of 15 minutes I try to spend with Theo just talking, he is really gonna have a fit when I'm nursing around the clock and can't do anything with him!

I'll post the results of my doctor's appointment tomorrow if I get the chance. Pray for more changes but not too many before Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. What a belly!!!! You are so pretty pregnant! Hold on! I'll be there in 4 days from now. Your mom loves you.

    ReplyDelete