Tuesday, August 25, 2009

38 weeks

Yeah, I'm feeling every bit of 38 weeks too. I definitely think she has dropped because I can overall breathe a little easier, I can eat more without feeling like I'm going to throw up, and I am having some awful back pain. The back pain seems to come when I am most tired (when I'm about to lay down with Carter for nap and at night). It's only on the right side but I have to contort my body into some strange positions just to get comfortable. My feet have been getting swollen too when I stand up for too long. And this moring, I woke up and my right eye is swollen. I told Theo my whole right side of my body is out of whack right now. Carter and I stayed home all day yesterday because I am just too tired. I'm going to attempt to take him out today so we both don't get cabin fever but we'll see. Right now, laying on the couch all day sounds like a better idea.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I am hoping I am having some cervical changes by now. I think I'm having a few contractions, but honestly I can't tell. I never really experience "early labor" with Carter. It was like once my water broke, all my contractions were equally strong and painful. There was no gradual progressions from what I can remember. I'm hoping this time will be a litle different but right now, I just want to have her! More women than not that I have talked to recently have told me how much they did not enjoy being pregnant so I'm trying not to feel mommy guilt about feeling the same way. Anyway, other than that, not much else is going on. I'm pretty much prepared for her to come home but I don't have any wipes or disposable diapers right now. We are using cloth but I may hold off on that for the first couple of weeks when I know I'll be out of my mind. I guess that's why I don't have any pampers. With Carter, I had a closet full of diapers before he ever came home and man we went through those things fast! I'm hoping Theo will install the carseat this week just in case. I'm so "whatever" this time around. And it's not that I'm not excited or want to be prepared, I'm just not near as OCD about it all this time. I guess that's good since I don't have the energy to be obsessive right now. I'll try and post tomorrow after my appointment.

1 comment:

  1. It won't be long now sweetie! Hope you wait until I get there. I love you.

    ReplyDelete