Tuesday, August 18, 2009

She's So Beautiful!


What a joyful day this has been. We had an ultrasound of Olivia this morning...just so my new OB can take a look at things. The tech estimates that right now she weighs around six pounds. So I guess she will weigh very close to what Carter weighed (6 pounds and 7 ounces). I thought for sure she was bigger or at least longer! Everything looks great and we even got some 4D pictures of her sweet precious face. We have never had a 4D ultrasound before and it was truly amazing. It was such a blessing because our last ultrasound tech did not give us any good pictures although Olivia was doing all kinds of cute things (like holding her feet up by her mouth or pictures of her adorable profile) When I saw her, I just teared up. I told Theo that every moment of pain or discomfort or uncertainty is so worth it to know that in a few days, I'll be holding my daughter. Even as I type this, I am just crying because I am overwhelmed by how blessed we are. After our last ultrasound being overshadowed by something being wrong with her, today was such a joy. I am so thankful to God for everything He has given us. I am going to cherish these last three weeks I have with her growing inside of me but am so excited about getting to meet her face to face. In other good news, when the ultrasound tech asked us what her name was, Theo said "Olivia"! I was so excited. I guess that means he has finally agreed to her name....with still three weeks to spare. :) I can't decide if she looks like Carter or not. Without a 4D picture of him, it's hard to compare. Carter thinks she's cute too. When we got home and I put her pictures of her on the refrigerator, he said "Awwww, mommy she's so cute!" I hope he still thinks that in three weeks. He has been so sweet lately. Even this morning, he laid his head on my belly and said "I wanna love on baby sister". I'm praying it will last. :)

3 comments: