Wednesday, August 12, 2009

36 weeks

I had my routine 36 week appointment this morning. My group B strep cultures came back negative. Yeah! That just means I won't have to have antibiotics at the time of delivery (unless something else pops up). I have gained about 21 pounds so far although I feel more like I've gained 81 pounds. I had received a letter from our insurance about being approved for all these different tests. So I asked Dr. R if she was planning on ordering any of them. One was a fetal echo....I thought maybe she wanted one since the baby had a echogenic intracardiac focus of the heart on her 20 week ultrasound (fancy word for bright spot on the heart that showed up on the ultrasound). She said she didn't think that was necessary since the quad screen came back normal. But she said she wouldn't mind seeing the baby (I'm assuming since she had not ultrasounded me before). So we will have an ultrasound and routine doctor's appointment next Tuesday. I'm excited about getting the see baby girl again! Our last ultrasound was so overshadowed by the fact that something could be wrong that I didn't get to enjoy it as much. I'm most curious to see how big she is. I feel like she is going to be bigger than Carter for sure.

I can not wait for her to be here. I won't ramble on and on about how truly uncomfortable I am......again. But I am ready to not be pregnant. I am ready to have her, hold her, nurse her, dress her in all of her little girly girl clothes. I am thankful that the end result of the pregnancy is going to be a beautiful baby girl but I will admit.....I haven't enjoyed being pregnant as much as I did the first time. Only because of how ughhhh I feel. Please don't get me wrong...it's TOTALLY worth it and there are thousands of women who will never have the chance to experience this. I AM grateful for the miracle of life God has given me. But this is my blog/journal and I'm just being honest. We still plan on having a third baby but at this point...maybe not quite as soon as I had originally planned.

So I'll post the results of my ultrasound next week. I can't believe in less than one month, she'll be here. I really don't want to be induced since I wasn't with Carter so if I get desparate enough...I may try the castor oil again. :) Maybe that's not what caused my water to break, but maybe it was. I'll be willing to try it again to avoid being induced. But if I have to be induced....I will. I really need to have her while my mom is here otherwise we won't have anyone to keep Carter. Here is me at 36 weeks:

3 comments:

  1. You look great! I hope you are having a better week. I know it must be hard to be away from home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl you look great! I know how you feel. That second time around you feel even bigger way sooner than the first. But YES it is all worth it in the end...even if she is a spoiled momas girl and a DIVA!! lol...not saying that my precious Leslie is :x

    ReplyDelete