Thursday, August 26, 2010

17 weeks


I don't have a picture yet to share because Theo hasn't been home at a time when I was dressed and had make-up on this week I finally got the tripod out and took a picture of myself! :) I am 17 weeks and 2 days today. Things are flying by. I feel like this pregnancy, despite all of it's waiting, has gone by so fast. I'm not ready to be almost half way over with it yet.

I feel good except for this awful rash I have. I've had this terrible itchy rash for the past couple of weeks. Long story short, I went to see a dermatologist today and it looks like a contact dermatitis that has bascially exploded over most of my body. So I got a nice steroid shot in the bottom (gosh, it's been forever since I had a shot there!) and a prescription for some strong steroid ointment. I'm hoping this will help because the itching is out of control! My doctor's appointments keep racking up! I hope our insurance doesn't drop me :)

I have gained 2 pounds. I'm still not in maternity clothes yet but probably will make the switch next week. Sometimes I look like I'm really pregnant, other times it's not that noticeable. The baby is moving around a lot, some days more than others. I love it!! The baby weighs about 5 ounces now and is about 5 inches long!

I am looking forward to and dreading our ultrasound at the same time. It's such a conflicting set of emotions. I'm less anxious about it than I was...especially with a normal quad screen. But I need more reassurance than a blood test. I'm praying and the Lord knows my heart so I'm trusting him and in his plan for all of our lives.

2 comments: