Thursday, September 10, 2009

No room at the inn

Or hospital in this case. I woke up at 4 a.m. to call the labor unit (or birthing center as it's known at this fancy place) and I was told there were no beds and there were 3 women sitting at home also waiting to come in. I should call back at 8:00. The women was sweet and told me not to worry. I thought sure, you're not 3 days over your due date and running out of time to have your mom here to help. So I didn't sleep much after that. Theo was asleep downstairs and so I marched down there and told him that he might as well turn off his alarm because we weren't going anywhere. Then I started crying. I was so frustrated. So I called again at 7:45 and was told the same thing. I asked her what happens if I go into labor on my own and she said they would "figure something out" and that right now "for the safety of me and my baby, it wouldn't be safe to come in right now". What does that mean? So I marched back upstairs where Theo was and started crying again. He let me just lay on his shoulder and get all of my sobbing out while Carter is standing at the foot of the bed crying and saying "Mommy, be happy! Don't cry. I will cheer you up". What a sweet boy. He doesn't like to see me upset. I tried to explain to him that it wasn't his fault and that I was sad because baby sister wasn't here yet. So I'm sitting here at the kitchen table, it's 8:40 a.m. I thought by this point, I would be well on my way to having a baby but that is not the case. I know I'm probably blowing things all out of proportion but I am so frustrated. I feel like I'm on a roller coaster and just when I thought I was going to get off, I have to go for another loop around the track. I didn't think it would be such an ordeal to have a baby for crying out loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment