Friday, January 2, 2009

My lips still sealed

Well, it's been 4 days since I found out I was pregnant. And so far the only two people that know are Carter and Theo. It's been a little easier not telling my mom this time...especially since she's out of town right now. It's been increasingly harder though not to tell my best friend Meredith as well as keeping it from my other friends. Several people at work this week have asked me if I was pregnant. I just smile and say "We're working on it!". That's enough of an answer to stop the questions. On the other hand, I did have to blatantly lie to my sister-in-law because she flat out asked me and as she did with Carter, she is keeping up with my dates to know when I should be pregnant! Too funny. So she knew there should be an answer this week and I told her I wasn't pregnant. I did feel somewhat guilty for lying but we're not ready to tell just yet.

I'm feeling good so far. I feel like my belly is already huge but maybe that's from all the junk I ate at Christmas. I am starting ALL the time though. I don't remember being this hungry with Carter. But if this pregnancy is anything like my first, the morning sickness should be kicking in in another one or two weeks. Lord, I pray I'm not sick like that again. But the payoff was only gaining 20 pounds with Carter and losing the baby weight quickly. In the end, I guess the morning sickness was worth it but I don't know if I'll be saying that if I'm puking all the time in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment