Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ultrasound Day!

I can finally breath a heavy sigh of relief. I will confess that I was anxious about the baby until I could finally see the heartbeat. But after today, I can finally relax. We went in for our ultrasound first thing this morning. Right away we saw the baby and the heart beating. Listening to the heartbeat is always so unbelievably amazing. Little blueberry's heartrate was a strong 162! I'm a little farther along this time getting the first ultrasound than I was with Carter. This baby looks more like a baby then Carter did. Carter was just a little peanut. We can actually see the baby's umbilical cord on this ultrasound.

Theo got to meet the new doctor today. I had my first "exam" by a male doctor ever. I have always had female doctors before.(I know, this may be TMI but hey, it's my blog so I don't have to hold anything back!) I was really nervous even though I'm not modest at all. Everything went fine. This doctor is a lot more informative than my last doctor. So when my last doctor comes back from medical leave, I may just stick with the new doctor. We'll see. I told a couple of my coworkers today. My boss is out of town so he won't know until tomorrow. We can't wait to tell our friends this weekend at our Super Bowl party. We'll see if they catch on to Carter wearing his "Big Brother" shirt.

Thank you Lord for blessing us with this wonderful little life. I trust that you are forming this babies parts exactly the way you want them to be. Our baby's life is in your hands Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment