Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"Are we pregnant?"

So last night, I broke the news to Theo. Well, Carter and I did actually. We went to the bookstore last night and picked out a book about a baby in the womb. I had taken a picture of my positive pregnancy test and cut the test out and put in the book like a bookmark. I told Theo that Carter picked out a special book for daddy to read to him. He took the book and looked at it with a puzzled face. A few seconds went by, he looked at me with his mouth wide open and said "Are we pregnant?" I just smiled. I think he was really shocked. Then he made a few jokes and we hugged and laughed. I told him I had taken the test that morning and he was surprised that I had kept the secret all day. I told him it was because I wanted to find a creative way to surprise him with the news. Now of course, he has morphed into overprotective husband but I really think it's absolutely adorable. When I ask Carter if he wants a baby brother or sister, he says "sistuh". :) Good answer but God knows we'll take either one and be thrilled with it. I have my first OB appt Monday. More updates to come.

(Is it a little funny knowing I'm blogging but no one is reading this yet? Maybe but I want to preserve my thoughts and feelings. I figure everyone will have a chance to read this once we break the news to everyone. It's getting harder and harder by the minute!)

No comments:

Post a Comment