Friday, September 3, 2010

Big Day!

Today is finally the day I have been looking forward to and dreading all at the same time. We had our big ultrasound and echo of the baby's heart (basically one big ultrasound). The ultrasound itself took an hour. They were very detailed in all their measurements. Then the perinatologist (high-risk OB) came in and spoke to us.

Most everything looks good. There are some bright spots on the bowel that they weren't too concerned with. I'm pretty sure the baby doesn't have down syndrome. The second test said my risk was 1 out of 48,000! She said it doesn't get much better than that.

The baby's heart is about the size of a fingernail right now so they can't conclusively rule out every heart defect. They can, and did, rule out any life threatening ones. They are a little suspicious of the baby having a ventricular septal defect which is the same defect Carter has. So I have to go back in 6 weeks for another echo and to meet with a pediatric cardiologist. Other than that, there is nothing they are concerned about. And I/we are totally prepared for a VSD...been there, done that! I'm hoping that is all it is. We both felt relief but were really hoping all of these appointments would be done. Oh well, the big weight of worry has been lifted off of our shoulders.

At the last minute, Theo and I decided to find out the sex of the baby and we are happy to say it's a














SURPRISE! Hahahaha! Just kidding, we didn't find out! :) I know some of you all will be mad but that's okay. I'm feeling like a prankster today.

I have a couple of pictures but don't have time to scan them and upload them right now. It's birthday party mode and I still have a lot to do! Hope you all have a great Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment