Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Braxton Hicks already?

I really think I'm already having Braxton Hicks contractions. I remember being in Dallas the first time I had them with Carter. I had gone on a girlfriends weekend getaway and we were walking through the mall when I told my friend Kim "My belly keeps getting really tight". She told me I was probably having Braxton Hicks. I said, "No way, I'm only 26 weeks". I later found out that women have contractions from very early on but the uterus is not big enough to feel them early on. Well, I guess I got a big ol' womb because these contractions have been coming pretty frequently tonight. I also notice they are stronger when I have a full bladder. It's a little uncomfortable but NOTHING like the real contractions. I have never felt pain like that before. :) But fortunately, I was only in labor with Carter for 5 hours. Who knows, if this baby comes quicker, I may be having a home birth in the bath tub. Just kidding! I am not one of those kind of moms. I want my epidural and nurses to wait on me. But mostly, I want the drugs. Theo and I took lamaze classes the first time. I would have liked to tried a natural childbirth with Carter but once my water broke, the pain just wouldn't let up. Who knows, I may get brave and try it with this baby but I doubt it. I want to be comfortable. Anyone who knows me knows how much I value my comfort!

1 comment:

  1. Amen.... done it both ways.... the drugs are definitely worth it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete