Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Big Announcements and the roller coaster ride with it

So as you all know, we went in for our high risk ultrasound last Tuesday. The reason for the high risk US was because of Carter's heart defect. We also were able to find out little blue berry's gender and surprise....


IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!

I just started crying when the tech told us that. I guess I always assumed we'd have a daughter (as evidenced by all of my pink blog backgrounds and obsession with girl baby clothes)! But lately, I wasn't so sure. I came to the point where I truly felt I would be as excited with another boy and I would a girl. But I am thrilled to be having a daughter! I know how close I am to my mom and want that same relationship with my daughter. I would post the US pics but the tech did not really give us good ones and the pics we have don't do our precious daughter justice. At one point, we could see her hands and feet up by her mouth. She is quite the flexible one. She didn't get that from me.

We also had some other news during the ultrasound. Theo and I had decided not to share this with anyone until we knew the outcome of things. The doctor told us our daughter had a "bright spot" on her heart and something with her feet called "sandal gap deformity". I wasn't too worried about it honestly until he said those are markers for Down's syndrome. I won't go into all the details but I had chosen previously not to have the quad screen (the blood test that checks for risks of Down's and a couple of other things). So after this visit, I did go ahead and get the quad screen and praise God, it was normal. Let me tell you, I can't begin to tell you how hard this experience was for me and Theo. I prayed and cried like never before. But God is faithful and answers prayer. I would still proclaim this even if the outcome had been different. Needless to say, I was on a roller coaster last week. But I'm done riding for now and am so excited to meet our daughter in 20 more weeks! Now I'm off to surf the net for baby clothes!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on having a sweet, baby girl! A perfect family, one of each! We are so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly wait to meet my new granddaughter! :)

    ReplyDelete