Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I passed!

Today I had my 28 week appointment and my glucose screening test for gestational diabetes. I passed! Yeah. But just in case I hadn't and would not be able to eat junk food for 12 more weeks, I had two brownies and a rather large piece of Theo's strawberry cake last night :)

I have gained 13 pounds so far (3 of those were probably from the brownies and cake!) I will now go for appointments every two weeks instead of four. Carter behaved himself rather well today while at the doctor. So I guess I'll just keep taking him with me until it's time to start checking my cervix! There are just certain things a boy should not see his momma do (or have done to her).

My family is hosting a baby shower for us Sunday in conjunction with Father's Day lunch! I'm so excited. I love baby showers....especially my own.

I'm doing some serious nesting and trying to get baby girl's room all set up without actually setting it up since the packers will be here in one month! I'm finding all sorts of things that go so perfectly with her bedding. She is going to have the cutest nursery ever! Carter's was really cute but hers is going to be fabulous.

Other than that, not much new to report. I'm getting bigger by the day (by the minute it seems at times) and waiting to meet our precious daughter. Theo and I are still trying to decide on a name but I don't think she'll officially have one until we are in the hospital delivering her!

No comments:

Post a Comment