Monday, March 2, 2009

Week 13

Praise the Lord, I am finally feeling better. I even went to the gym today. That is a big step for me. In other baby news this week, I finally broke down and started wearing my maternity clothes again. It's like overnight, I went from a tiny pooch to a really BIG pooch.



When I was pregnant with Carter, I didn't really start showing/wearing maternity clothes until after I was 18 weeks along. It was sort of a badge of honor for me being a tiny pregnant girl. Well, this time, to heck with honor, bragging rights, and being tiny. Comfort rules above all of that! I can't obviously fit into most of my maternity clothes and I can still wear my normal clothes but I would like to be able to breathe when I put on a pair of pants. I can't really wear most of my maternity shirts yet because they are too big but my pants are a nice fit.

I told Theo this morning and yes, I know I'm probably crazy, but I would have sworn I felt the baby move this morning. I don't know if that's even possible this early on but I felt some little thumps right over where Dr. B put the doppler on my belly.

Here is what our little baby is doing this week....
Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.
http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-13-weeks_1102.bc

Babycenter.com also says that at this point, many couple notice a "libido lift" around this time. Well, thank the Lord for that. My sweet husband will be happy to hear that. Did I really just write that? Yes, because it's my blog and I've already said if TMI is not your thing, please don't read! :)

1 comment:

  1. You are soooo cute.. and not crazy either. I felt Finley move around 13 weeks!

    ReplyDelete