Monday, March 23, 2009

Week 16

Gosh, it's hard to believe I'm already 4 months pregnant. But when I glance down at my enlarging belly, it's not too hard to believe! Things are going along just fine. I'm feeling tired but well. I'm still below my pre-pregnancy weight so that will help in the long run prevent me from gaining a whole lotta weight. I am feeling the baby move. It's mostly little flutters but in the mornings, the baby is usually balled up on one side of my belly and when I put my hand over the spot, I can feel something moving. It's neat. I have a routine doctor's appt Wednesday and then 4 more weeks until we find out the baby's gender! I'm telling you...I can't wait!

Here is what's going on this week: Check it out at Baby Center .

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment